If you’re staying temporary visitor and not working in Japan, and also not a Japanese citizen, you can be free from paying the 8% consumption tax when shopping at certain shops around the country specially in asakusa. They usually have a sign like this at the entrance.
Various types of shops in Asakusa
- Narita International Airport. This shopping mall is located in Narita International Airport. If you want to go there follow this address : Narita International Airport (NRT), Goryobokujo-1-1 Sanrizuka, Narita, Chiba Prefecture 282-0011, Japan. For further information you can contact here-Phone:+81 120-191-625
- Asakusa ROX Store (Taito-ku, Tokyo). If you want to enjoy your shopping go to the following adress.
Address: 1-25-15 Asakusa, Taito, Tokyo 111-0032, Japan
Monday 10:30AM–9PM Tuesday 10:30AM–9PM Wednesday 10:30AM–9PM Thursday 10:30AM–9PM Friday 10:30AM–9PM Saturday 10:30AM–9PM Sunday 10:30AM–9PM
For further information you can contact through following phone number.
Phone: +81 3-3836-7700
Matsuya Asakusa Store (Taito-ku, Tokyo)
This is a department store offers daily necessities, especially food items. Since it is directly connected to Asakusa Station, it is treated by many tourists and company workers on their way home.
Address: 1-4-1 Hanagawado, Taito-ku, Postal code:111-0033
Who are eligible for tax-exempt service
- If you are a foreign visitor (staying for less than 6 months)
- If you have a diplomatic passport and
- If you are a Japanese citizen and have lived abroad for more than 2 years.
- Directly connected to Asakusa Station on the Tobu Line (Isezaki Line)
- 1 minutes by foot from Asakusa Station on the Tokyo Metro (Ginza Line)
- 3 minutes by foot from the A5 Exit of Asakusa Station on the Toei Subway (Asakusa Line)
It’s a great opportunity for you to consumes the tax-exempted goods. You can go without any hesitation and can choose your desirable goods. So, happy shopping!