Welcome to our second part of “A Complete travel guide of Hida Takayama – Shirakawa-go, Beautiful Views, Onsen, And More!” you can know about the transportation, tourist destinations and more things about Hida-Takayama! Let’s go!
Know about Transportation in Takayama City:
Hida Takayama Tour Bus
- The Hida Takayama Tour Bus is great for offering around and traveling the region.
- There are two routes called the Machinami bus and the Sarubobo bus.
- On the Machinami bus, you can tour around the old-fashioned houses and the Takayama Jinya outpost.
- No matter how far you go on the route, it is only 100 yen for both adults and children (infants may ride for free).
- On the Sarubobo bus, the main highlights on this route include the Hida village and the Hida Takayama museum.
- It costs 210 yen for adults and 110 yen for children.
- For those who are planning to use the bus mainly, the 1-Day Free Pass is a convenient pass you can use for both the Machinami Bus and the Sarubobo bus.
- It is 620 yen for adults and 310 yen for children.
- Not only can you use it to ride the buses, but it also comes with discounts at 12 facilities within the city.
- The 1-Day Free Pass can be purchased at the Nouhi Bus Center near Takayama Station.
- Remember that this pass is not sold inside the buses.
- Takayama Nouhi Bus Center
Address: Gifu, Takayama, Hanasatomachi 6-65
- In front of the Takayama Station is a car rental shop as well.
- You can easily stop by places that catch your eye, if you manage to rent a car.
- In the winter, it snows pretty heavily in the area.
- So, it is best to be prepared with stud less wheels when driving.
- Rental Car Reservations: Tabirai Japan>
- Why not make a tour around the retro streets of Takayama on a bike?
- It will be a different type of exploration.
- In front of the Takayama Station is a Rent-A-Cycle shop (Japanese).
- Be prepared for the many hills in the Hida no Sato area, if you are willing to try biking around the city.
- It is suggested to go there via the Sarubobo bus or by car.
- Prices begin at 200 yen per hour and 1200 yen for 6 hours or more.
Enlightenment of Area Guide to Hida and More
In this section, I am going to explain the central area of Hida including Hida Takayama along with the tourist spots of Gifu prefecture.
Hida Takayama Area
- Takayama city is located in the northern area of Gifu prefecture.
- It is in the central Hida area.
- And it is frequently referred to as Hida Takayama.
- Within Takayama city is a sector that is called the Old Quarter.
- It is widely separated into the central castle town, the upper town, and the lower town that make up the business districts of Takayama.
- One of the highlights of Takayama is called the Sanmachi Dori.
- It consists of Kami-san no Machi, Kami-ni no machi and Kami-ichi no Machi old town areas.
- Shirakawa-go was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995.
- Shirakawa-go is the name of the village by the Sho River in Gifu.
- It makes Shirakawa-go so special.
- These are its many traditional thatched roof houses.
- The iconic slanted roofs are one of Japan’s unique architectural structures.
- The famed and fateful Battle of Sekigahara happened at this very location in 1600.
- Sekigahara is located in the South West area of Gifu and is a wonderful spot to also visit if you happen to stop by the prefecture.
- It has many historical landmarks, famous cultural spots and streets with tasty delicacies as well.
In this part, I have discussed about the transportation, tourist destinations and more things about Hida-Takayama! You can get more information in next part: A Complete travel guide of Hida Takayama – Shirakawa-go, Stunning Views, Onsen, And More! Part- 3. I have introduced about Hida-Takayama and access towards this place in A Complete travel guide of Hida Takayama – Shirakawa-go, Stunning Views, Onsen, And More! Part-1! So, keep following!! Best of luck!!