Welcome to our third part of “A Complete travel guide of Hida Takayama – Shirakawa-go, Beautiful Views, Onsen, And More!” You can know about the rest of Tourist Destinations in Hida Takayama! Let’s go!
Tourist Destinations in Hida Takayama
Shrines and Temples:
Hida Kokubunji Temple
- It is a historical temple.
- It was built in 741, is the Hida Kokubunji Temple.
- The massive ginkgo tree that is said to be over 1,250 years old and the only three-tier pagoda in the Hida area.
- Visiting this temple, must see these.
- Address: Gifu, Takayama, Sowamachi 1-83
Website: Hida Kokubunji Temple (Japanese)
Hida Senkoji Temple
- It was constructed 1,200 years ago.
- This ancient temple was built 900 meters above sea level.
- Within the Kesazan temple grounds is the Enku Buddhist Treasure Hall.
- You can see a portion of the displays of the sixty-three wooden Buddhist statues made by the great monk Enku.
- This temple has become a popular tourist spot.
- Nearly 20 to 30 thousand visitors visit each year.
- Address: Gifu, Takayama, Nyukawacho Shimobo 1553
Website: Senkoji Temple
- The Kokaya Yakushido is a temple that was built by artisans of Hida.
- It is the oldest wooden structure in the prefecture.
- It is also designated as an important cultural heritage site in Gifu.
- Address: Gifu, Hida, Kamiokacho Kokaya
Now, I will give a brief introduction to each hot spring spot along with its surrounding tourist locations.
Oku Hida Hot Springs
- Right in the heart of the Northern Japanese Alps is the Oku-Hida hot springs area.
- It is made up of Hirayu hot springs, Fukuji hot springs, Shin-Hirayu hot springs, Tochio hot springs and Shin-Hotaka hot springs.
- Along with overnight options, foot baths and one-day hot springs are also available.
- Staying overnight and spending a relaxing time in all five hot springs is highly recommended.
- You can enjoy the view of the colorful foliage as well during the autumn.
- Address: Gifu, Takayama, Oku-Hida Onsengo Kansaka 710-14
Website: Oku Hida Hot Springs
- You need only 15 minutes on foot from Takayama Station to the Hida Sousha Shrine.
- This shrine is where the 18 Gods of Hida are enshrined.
- If prayers are given here, you can be blessed by all 18 Gods at once, right in this spot!
- Address: Gifu, Takayama, Kandamachi 2-114
Fukuji Hot Springs
- In the quaint hot spring town, you will find the Fukuji Hot Springs.
- It has relaxing springs.
- It has family-friendly activities such as a trekking course for beginners and the chance to eat freshly made rice cakes.
- These are grilled on a traditional irori fireplace every morning.
- Address: Gifu, Takayama, Oku-Hida Onsengo, Fukuji
- Website: Fukuji Hot Springs (Japanese)
In this part, I have discussed about tourist destinations of Hida-Takayama! You can get more information in next part: A Complete travel guide of Hida Takayama – Shirakawa-go, Stunning Views, Onsen, And More! Part- 1,2, 4 and 5. I have introduced about Hida-Takayama and access towards this place in A Complete travel guide of Hida Takayama – Shirakawa-go, Stunning Views, Onsen, And More! Part-1! So, keep following!! Best of luck!!