Would you like to travel in Kyu-Karuizawa? Kyu-Karuizawa (旧軽井沢, Kyū-Karuizawa) was formerly a post town along the Nakasendo Route. It is one of two major road connections that connected the imperial capital Kyoto with the shogunal capital Edo (present-day Tokyo) during the Edo Period. Today, Kyu-Karuizawa is the main center of the Karuizawa resort area. In this article I am going to explore where you can explore in Kyu-Karuizawa.
- You will see that the town has a pleasant atmosphere with chic restaurants and cafes aiming at affording patrons and with forested residential districts made up of holiday villas.
- Kyu-Karuizawa offers a wide range of shopping opportunities as well, remarkably at the Prince Shopping Plaza and the Kyu-Karuizawa Ginza.
- As a Visitor, you can also indulge in some of the many leisure activities available, such as bowling, golf and cycling around town.
Do lots of Shopping:
- Karuizawa offers a wide range of shopping opportunities, including a local version of Ginza.
- It is Tokyo’s most well-known upmarket shopping district.
- The Karuizawa Ginza shopping street has a romantic atmosphere.
- It is suited for a stroll or for buying souvenirs and local desserts.
- Jam is a local specialty and many shops here offer it in multiple flavors.
- Towards the end of the shopping street stands the Shaw Memorial Church.
- It was founded in 1895 by a missionary named A.C. Shaw.
- He popularized Karuizawa as a vacation destination.
- Hours: 10:00 to 18:00 (Varying hours for shops, restaurants typically open till later)
- Closed: Varying closing days for shops
Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza
- It is a newer addition to Karuizawa shopping attractions.
- The Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza is an outlet mall for popular brands, outdoor goods, sportswear and trendy items.
- The mall’s pleasant surroundings make it a lovely destination for a walk even if shopping is not on your agenda.
- There are also a few dining establishments here.
- These are usually operating until later than the shops.
- Hours: 10:00 to 19:00 (varies according to season)
- Closed: Few unscheduled closing days
Enjoy its Lovely Nature:
- Kumobaike is a photogenic pond.
- It is located about 1.5 kilometers northwest of Karuizawa Station.
- The pond is a popular spot for viewing autumn colors.
- These are typically at their best here around mid-October to early November.
Karuizawa Prince Ski Resort
- This is one of the first ski resorts in Japan to open each year.
- Albeit with man-made snow and only a couple of runs open during the early season.
- A transition to natural snow usually occurs later in the season depending on precipitation conditions, and more runs become available.
- The resort might be slightly lacking in terms of size and snow quality.
- But it is one of the most easily accessible from Tokyo.
So, guys, try to enjoy at Exciting Kyu-Karuizawa as I have told you above. You will be amazed trying the Exciting Kyu-Karuizawa. And I think you cannot ignore these amazing exploring Japan in a different way, guys. Your day is going to be excellent. Are not you feeling excited? If you want to explore Japan, you must try to enjoy Exciting Kyu-Karuizawa. And I know you will be grateful to me because of suggesting this information. Happy journey, guys!! Have a good day!! And stay safe, guys!!